CTICoder

A random spillage of programming (and other) thoughts

Archive for August, 2009

Reconfiguring BTARN manually.

Posted by Shaun McDonnell on August 26, 2009

I ended up changing my network domain name infrastructure a little bit and had to modify my host-headers in IIS so that everything would work well together (BizTalk, BTARN, Sharepoint, etc).  After I did this, I kept receiving the following error anytime I sent a message to BTARN:

RNIFReceiverWebApplication:  (404) Not Found

Obviously that means that the RNIFReceive.aspx was not passing the data off to the correct URL for the BTSHTTPReceive.dll.  I looked everywhere to reconfigure this without having to uninstall the WebApps aspect of BTARN and I couldn’t find it.  So, of course I looked in the registry and sure enough it was there:

image

This is located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet/2009 (this is for the 64-bit version of the accelerator. 

The keys you need to change are fairly obvious from here and you will need to perform an IIS reset afterwards to make sure the changes are propagated through the pipeline.

 

-Shaun

Advertisements

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

BizTalk 2009 and BTARN 3.5 on Windows Server 2008 Installation

Posted by Shaun McDonnell on August 20, 2009

I had some interesting problems occur when trying to install BizTalk 2009 and BTARN (BizTalk Accelerator for Rosetta Net) on Windows Server 2008.  At the end of the day the problems were trivial but kept halting my installation with errors I could not figure out.

The first error occurred when I ran the BTARN configuration and looked something like:

image

which reads:

“A BizTalk Isolated Host instance configured with the user account ‘BizTalkMumbles’ was either not running or does not exist on this computer.  Use the BizTalk Administration Console to create a new Isolated host or to reconfigure an existing host to run as ‘BizTalkMumbles’”

 

Well, I had done all of that already so this obviously wasn’t the problem.  It turned out I needed to use <COMPUTERNAME>\BizTalkMumbles or <DOMAINNAME>\BizTalkMumbles when I configured my BizTalk Host Application Instances.  Once I did this the error went away. 

Here is what the configuration looked like when I was getting the error:

image

And here is the configuration that made the error go away:

image

Note the change in the Logon.

I consider this to be Microsoft’s issue as the underlying logon user never changed but adding the machine or domain name helped.

Then, when I proceeded into my BTARN configuration, installing the Runtime and the WebApp failed miserably with errors in the log file that looked like this:

12:50:33 PM Info ConfigHelper]     Detected IIS version: 7
[12:50:33 PM Error ConfigHelper] d:\depot2300\mercury\private\common\configwizard\confighelper\iis.cpp(594): FAILED hr = 80040154

[12:50:33 PM Error ConfigHelper]     Failed to open application pool Error: d!
[12:50:33 PM Error ConfigHelper] Class not registered
[12:50:33 PM Error ConfigHelper] d:\depot2300\mercury\private\common\configwizard\confighelper\iis.cpp(151): FAILED hr = 80040154

[12:50:33 PM Info ConfigHelper]     Error -2147221164 occurred while attempting to retrieve site ID for site
[12:50:33 PM Error ConfigHelper] Class not registered
[12:50:33 PM Error RNConfig] c:\depot\europa2009\private\europa_source\btarnconfig\dll\rnconfig.cpp(2211): FAILED hr = 80040154

[12:50:33 PM Info RNConfig] Leaving function: CRNConfig::ConfigureFeature
[12:50:33 PM Warning Configuration Framework]Feature failed to configure: WebApps.
[12:50:33 PM Info Configuration Framework]Configuration Summaries:
[12:50:33 PM Error Configuration Framework]Feature: [Runtime] Failed to configure with error message [<Exception Message="Class not registered" Source="ConfigHelper" HelpID="HelpIdGetWebsiteID"/>]
[12:50:33 PM Error Configuration Framework]Feature: [WebApps] Failed to configure with error message [<Exception Message="Class not registered" Source="ConfigHelper" HelpID="HelpIdGetWebsiteID"/>]
[12:50:33 PM Info Configuration Framework]    Feature: Runtime    Configuration Enabled: yes    Sub UI: no    Configured: no
[12:50:33 PM Info Configuration Framework]    Feature: WebApps    Configuration Enabled: yes    Sub UI: no    Configured: no

I figured BTARN was having trouble talking to IIS and maybe needed IIS6 Compatability installed to be able to make the connection.  That turned out to be the case:

image

Make sure you have the ‘IIS 6 Management Compatability’ Role Service installed for IIS 7.

I searched and searched the net for answers on this and never found anything so I figured I would post my findings here.

-Shaun

Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments »